Audit & Assurance Advisors
Responsibilities include performing and supervising financial statement attestation engagements, in a variety of client industries. Qualified candidates will have 2 to 5 years of current public accounting experience. CPA preferred.
Qualified candidates will have 3 to 6 years of current public accounting experience. Initial responsibilities include performing and supervising audits, reviews, compilations and financial statements. Candidates must possess a general knowledge of computerized accounting software. CPA preferred. For immediate consideration, please send resume and salary requirements.
Experienced Audit Staff
Qualified candidates should be a CPA or CPA candidate with 1-2 years of audit and public accounting experience. Initial responsibilities include performing audits, reviews and compilations. Knowledge of computerized accounting software and a strong commitment to client service are required.
For immediate consideration, please send resume and salary requirements.
Information Technology Auditor
Are you currently working as a network administrator and feel like you have mastered your role with nowhere to go? Are you interested in using your knowledge, skills and abilities in a different capacity? If you are willing to learn about information technology audits and explore new technologies then an IT Auditor might be the role for you.
Candidates must possess at least two years of experience in a help desk environment and at least two years of experience working as a network administrator. Bachelor’s degree (MIS, CIS, etc.) preferred. Qualified candidate should have experience with all Microsoft operating systems, including XP/Vista/Win 7.0, Windows Server 2003, 2008, tape back-up systems and telecommunications. Experience working with WANs, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, Vmware and EMC SAN a plus.
• Evaluating client information technology systems best practices
• Discussing information technology environments with the client
• Identifying weaknesses in client system architecture/design
• Reviewing client policies and procedures for comprehensiveness
• Documenting completed procedures and observations
• Articulating results of analysis to the senior manager of IT audit
Schneider Downs is the eighth largest certified public accounting and business advisory firm in Central Ohio, and is a U.S. top 60 public accounting firm. This position would fall under the Internal Audit and Risk Advisory Services practice in Columbus.
Internal Audit Manager (Financial Services)
You will work closely with our clients and management at all levels in developing audit findings and recommendations regarding business process optimization, profit improvement, internal control and compliance. You will work as part of the management team and will be responsible for managing audit teams, reviewing reports and presenting findings to client management. You will also be responsible for helping to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of key business processes and helping to identifying new business development opportunities for the Firm.
• Financial service experience is preferred
• CPA, CIA or CISA certification is required
• 8+ years or internal/external audit experience, with 3 or more years in a management role, and 2 years of public accounting experience preferred
• Strong orientation toward internal control, risk assessment, and operational auditing
• Play a lead role in client retention, relationship building and communication
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of financial services industry
Internal Audit Staff
Our growing internal audit practice provides outsourcing, co-sourcing and Sarbanes-Oxley assistance to clients in various industries. The successful candidate will assist in the areas of risk assessment, process improvement, control evaluation, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
You will be responsible for providing high quality professional day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements and special projects. You will work as part of the engagement team focusing on compliance or advisory projects and will be responsible for creating draft audit reports for management review. You will also assist management in preparing risk assessments, audit plan programs, and internal audit reports. You will serve a variety of clients within the public and private sectors.
Candidates must have a BS in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent and should be aspiring towards professional certification (CPA, CIA or CISA). Qualified candidates must have 0-3 years of internal/external audit experience; must have strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Manufacturing, Retail, Financial Institutions, Higher Education or Sarbanes-Oxley experience considered a plus.
This position will be responsible for providing high quality, professional day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements and special projects. You will work as part of the engagement team focusing on IT compliance or advisory projects and will assist management in preparing risk assessments, audit plan programs, and internal audit reports. You will serve a variety of clients in various industries within the public and private sectors. Some specific responsibilities include:
• Identify, evaluate and document IT business risks and general computer and application controls.
• Develop audit programs based on type, complexity, age and criticality of systems being evaluated.
• Evaluate security and controls of Windows, UNIX, firewalls, database environments and network devices as experience allows.
• Perform and document test results and walkthroughs of IT processes and controls.
• Evaluate test results and assess controls for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
• Participate in closing meetings to present and discuss audit findings and recommendations.
• Assist on special projects as assigned (e.g., data mining, security assessments, process flowcharting).
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Accounting or Business Administration; CISA, CISM and/or MBA desirable. Qualified candidates must have 1-3 years of public accounting and/or internal audit experience with minimum one year IT audit experience.
Business Advisors Senior
Schneider Downs, one of the largest regional CPA and business advisory firms in Central Ohio with offices in Columbus and Pittsburgh, is seeking an experienced and innovative professional to join its business advisors practice in Columbus. Our business advisors are exclusively dedicated to supporting business decisions with insightful valuations, litigation support, forensic accounting, transaction advisory services including risk analysis and deal structuring, and due diligence and related consulting services.
Qualified candidates will have 3-6 years of experience in a broad range of business matters including but not limited to:
- Transaction services
- Forensic investigations
- Due diligence services
- Litigation support
- Business valuations
- Strategic planning
Preference will be given to CPAs (or individuals holding an ABV, CVA, CFE or similar) and candidates with public accounting experience. You must be able to work on multiple projects and facilitate client relationships. You must have strong interpersonal skills as you will be responsible for coaching/developing staff members.
We offer a competitive package including the following benefits, which are available on the first day of employment with Schneider Downs: medical (including vision) for a minimal contribution, dental, flexible spending plan (medical and dependent care), transportation fringe benefit plan, firm-provided disability and life/AD&D, AFLAC products, 401 (k), paid holidays and paid time off.
Bilingual (Japanese/English) Accountant
Schneider Downs is seeking an experienced audit or tax professional for our growing Japanese practice. Qualified candidates should have a minimum of three years of experience and the ability to write and speak fluent Japanese. CPA or CPA candidate considered a plus. Initial responsibilities include preparation and review of corporate, partnership and individual tax returns, expatriate tax compliance, tax compliance, research, transaction analysis, and planning OR performing and supervising audits, reviews and compilations. A strong commitment to Japanese client service and culture is required.
International Tax Manager
Columbus or Pittsburgh, PA
Schneider Downs is seeking an International Tax Manager to be a significant part of a growing regional practice. This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of international tax compliance and planning for firm clients and assisting with expanding the practice.
• Research and analysis of international tax issues for a variety of clients and industries including corporations, pass-through entities and individuals
• U.S. outbound and inbound international tax consulting and structuring
• U.S. international tax compliance (preparation, review and analysis of issues related to U.S. tax information, reporting, IRS forms and disclosure statements including review and preparation of U.S. income tax returns with respect to client’s foreign operations, including Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 8938, 1120-DISC, 1040NR, 1118 and similar forms)
• Foreign aspects of accounting for income taxes
• U.S. Foreign Tax Credit compliance and planning
• Analysis of intercompany transactions, such as intercompany loans, equity dividend and other payments for U.S. tax implications
• Build and expand client relationships
• Coordination with client service teams and international service providers
• Professional staff development including recruiting, mentoring, training and building a team of effective professionals.
• Demonstrating expertise and building a market reputation for international tax abilities.
• Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communications skills
• Broad experience in international tax compliance and structuring matters
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS accounting for income taxes related to multinational companies
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple assignments
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to interact with all levels of client management, referral sources and other professionals
• Must be able to travel to client locations and firm offices.
• 4-8 years of full-time tax experience is desired. Experience with accounting firm, law firm, or corporate tax department of a multinational company is required
• CPA required, Masters in Taxation, or JD/LLM a plus.
Qualified candidates should be a CPA or a CPA candidate with 2-5 years of current tax and public accounting experience. Initial responsibilities include preparation of corporate, individual and partnership tax returns, tax compliance, research, transaction analysis, and planning. Knowledge of computerized accounting and tax software, and a strong commitment to client service are required. Strong research skills and the ability to effectively manage other professionals are required. Interested candidates should send resume with salary requirements.
Qualified candidates should be a CPA or CPA candidate with 2-5 years of current tax and public accounting experience. Initial responsibilities include preparation and review of corporate, individual and partnership tax returns, tax compliance, research, transaction analysis, and planning. A strong commitment to client service, strong research skills and the ability to effectively manage other professionals are required. Interested candidates should submit a resume with salary requirements.
Tax Senior (Non profit)
Our growing tax services practice for not-for-profit entities, a specialty practice area within our Tax Advisory Services group, has an opening for a Tax Senior. This position provides assistance to our clients, primarily in the nonprofit sector with tax compliance and consulting engagement.
Duties include interacting with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance services; supervising tax staff and working closely with partners and managers on business development activities.
You will work as part of the engagement team focusing on compliance and special projects. Initial responsibilities include:
• Tax compliance for not-for-profit clients
• Developing and maintaining client relationships
• Identifying opportunities for tax planning and other special services
• Performing research and special projects.
• Participating in and contributing to the attainment of group and firm goals.
• Staff supervision and development.
• CPA certification or JD preferred, but not required.
• Should have 1-3 years of experience in public accounting, including time dedicated to providing not-for-profit tax compliance and consulting services
• Strong tax research and writing skills are required.
• Experience with C-corporation, S-corporation, partnership and individual tax compliance is considered a plus.
Interested candidates should send resume with salary requirements.
Initial responsibilities include preparation of corporate, individual and partnership tax returns, tax compliance, research, transaction analysis, and planning. Candidates must have a BS in Accounting or equivalent and should be aspiring towards professional certification (CPA). Qualified candidates have 0-2 years of tax experience; must have strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.