Multistate Income/Franchise Tax
Nearly every state has some form or a combination of an income, franchise or privilege tax. Accordingly, companies that operate in multiple states face an increasingly difficult burden to comply with states’ complex and ever-changing laws and regulations.
Our team of State and Local Tax professionals is committed to assisting you in complying with these state tax laws and regulations and achieving your state tax goals. Some of the ways we can assist and add value to your organization include:
- Nexus Studies — Review of your company’s state and local tax filing obligations.
- Due Diligence Reviews — Analysis of the potential state and local tax impact of proposed corporate changes, including buy-sell agreements.
- Voluntary Disclosure Agreements — Negotiations and advance filing agreements with state tax departments to satisfy income/franchise tax liabilities, along with reduced or abated penalty/interest.
- State and Local Tax Planning — Management of your company’s state tax liability through industry and client-specific state and local tax planning strategies.
- Review of Business Structure — Review of your company’s current operational and organizational structure to ensure optimal structure.
- Audit Representation — Assistance from the pre-audit conference through the appeals process to help minimize income/franchise tax assessments.
- Amended State Tax Returns (RAR Adjustments) — Assistance with amended state income and franchise tax returns after the completion of an IRS audit.
Our experienced professionals have been extremely successful in representing clients of all sizes and across numerous industries in matters such as those described above.
The insight, innovation and experience of Schneider Downs’ State and Local Tax professionals can assist you in navigating the labyrinth of income/franchise tax laws.