Doing Business in Canada
When: May 22, 2014 8:00AM — May 22, 2014 10:00AM
Featuring Doug Hartkorn & Mark McGinnis, Partners at Shimmerman Penn, Toronto
Where: The Rivers Club, 301 Grant Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Mark McGinnis, Partner, Taxation and Business Advisory
Doug Hartkorn, Partner, Taxation and Business Advisory
Join Mark McGinnis & Doug Hartkorn, Partners at Shimmerman Penn, and learn more about opportunities for your business in Canada. Mark and Doug will discuss a variety of topics including:
- Canada and Toronto's Economic and Cultural Background
- Taxation of Business Income:
- Definition of business income
- Treaty exemptions
- Filing requirements for an exempt business
- Filing requirements for a taxable business
- Corporate tax rates
- Special rules for ULC, LLC and S Corporations
- Withholding Tax Rules/Waiver Procedures
- Taxation of Employees
- Basics: How the tax works, rates & exemptions
- Registration requirements/Voluntary registration
- Sales to Canada by U.S. company: rules & elections
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
Qualifies for two hours of CPE.
A continental breakfast will be provided.
To register, please complete the following form.