When: January 23, 2013 12:00AM
Your retirement plans, employee benefits and health care offerings are facing many uncertainties. Whether it is the Affordable Care Act, the looming fiscal cliff or recent state and local changes, this forum will provide the latest direction through a maze of important HR topics.
This course is designed for human resources directors, retirement plan sponsors, benefit plan managers, controllers and CFOs.
The ERISA Audit: Your Fiduciary Responsibilities and Other Considerations
Learn your fiduciary responsibility over your company's benefit plans and other considerations in connection with those plans led by Schneider Downs Senior Audit Manager, Lara Fuller, CPA.
Topics will include:
• Ways to make your plan audit go more smoothly
• Your responsibility as a plan fiduciary
• Common plan errors
Best Practices for Retirement Plan Sponsors
Join Jeffery A. Acheson, QPFC, AIF®, SD Wealth Management Managing Director of Retirement Planning and Executive Benefit Services for this presentation that will focus on best practices relative to:
• Managing employee behavior toward positive participant outcomes
• Interpreting and benchmarking 408(b)(2) fee disclosures from service providers
• Executive benefit enhancement opportunities
• Minimizing your company and its oversight committees' fiduciary liability exposure
2013 Health Care Reform Planning Strategies
Bruce Davis, Principal and Health/Group Benefits Practice Leader for Findley Davies will discuss how the Affordable Health Care act will affect your business. As you plan your organization's strategy relative to health care reform, there are three key areas in which to be proactive:
1. Full-time employee guidance has tax, employment and benefits implications.
2. Special attention to messaging in employee communication about health insurance exchanges is critical.
3. And, having a wellness strategy to take advantage of 30% incentives on the cost of single coverage may be appropriate.
Come prepared with your specific questions as you navigate through the maze of health care reform changes and compliance issues.
Pension Funding: Strategies and More for 2013
Discount rates continue to decline for pension plans, but MAP-21 changed the funding rules. Gail Steward, Managing Consultant from Findley Davies' Actuarial Services Practice, will discuss where pension plan funding is currently heading and obstacles and strategies for pension plans for 2013.
|7:30 - 8:00am||Registration and Breakfast|
|8:00 - 8:10am||Introductions|
|8:10 - 8:30am||The ERISA Audit: Your Fiduciary Responsibilities and Other Considerations|
|8:30 - 9:35am||Best Practices for Retirement Plan Sponsors|
|9:35 - 9:45am||Break|
|9:45 - 10:50am||2013 Health Care Reform Planning Strategies|
|10:50 - 11:40am||Pension Funding: Strategies and More for 2013|
To register, please fill out the form below.
One PPG Place, Suite 1700
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
65 East State Street, Suite 2000
Columbus, OH 43215
1660 International Drive, Suite 600
McLean, VA 22102