Retirement and Employee Benefits Forum Pittsburgh
When: March 26, 2015 8:30AM — March 26, 2015 10:30AM
Where: The Rivers Club, One Oxford Center
8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
CPE Credit: 2 hours
HRCI Credit: 2 hours
Topics will include:
- 2015 Accounting and Reporting Update - Jeanne Barrett, Schneider Downs Audit and Assurance Advisors
- Highlights of key accounting and reporting requirements effective for 2014 plan audits and on the horizon, including updates from the Department of Labor regulatory initiatives and results of their most recent audit quality study.
- Third Parties: Gotta Love 'Em, But How Do You Control Them? The Importance of SOC Reports - Eric Wright, Schneider Downs Technology Advisors
- Your third party vendor has a SOC report, but what does it mean? And what is the danger of using a vendor that doesn't have a SOC report?
- Form 5500 Filing Requirements for Employer-Sponsored Welfare Benefit Plans - Anthony Margiotta, Schneider Downs Pension and Benefits
- Form 5500 filing requirements for welfare benefit plans and Delinquent Filer Voluntary Correction Program procedures for late or missed Form 5500 filings.
- Current Trends and Benchmarks in the 401(k) Plan Universe - Scott Rain, Schneider Downs Pension and Benefits
- A qualified retirement plan should offer employees the ability to obtain a secure and comfortable retirement. Comparing 401(k) plans to industry benchmarks is one way to compare plan design relative to peers. This presentation will review current industry trends and benchmarks.
- What You Don't Know CAN Hurt You - Bob Coury, Towers Watson
- With heightened scrutiny of benefit plans' operations and the threat of more regulation and litigation, good benefit plan governance is a must. What can you do to minimize your risks in the complex world of benefits.
To register, please complete the following: