James B. Yard
CPA CIA CISA
Jim serves as the practice leader for the firm’s Risk Advisory Services Department. Jim specializes in providing risk management, internal audit and internal control consulting services.
During the past 22 years, 19 of those in internal audit and risk management, Jim has directed the internal audit and governance aspects for several large public and private companies, as well as several large universities. In his current role, Jim is responsible for the delivery of risk advisory services to several of Western Pennsylvania's and Central Ohio's largest institutions. In serving these organizations, he has provided services to clients in both a full internal audit outsource capacity, as well as in a co-source relationship.
B.S. - Business Administration, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member—American and Pennsylvania Institutes of Certified Public Accountants
- Board Member—The Institute of Internal Auditors (The IIA), Pittsburgh Chapter
- Past International Committee Member—The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Member—The Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Chairman of the Executive Board—Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania
Who is your role model?
What is the best advice you ever received?
Work hard. Nothing in life is given, it is earned.
If you could go back in time, what advice would you give to your college self?
Don’t be in such a rush to get into the real world. Enjoy every moment.
What was your first job?
I was a produce clerk for a local grocery store.
Do you have advice for young professionals?
Ask questions – you don’t know all of the answers. Don’t be afraid to seek the insight of those around you.