Jay R. Meglich
Jay is a shareholder of Schneider Downs with expierence in publice accounting since 1986. Jay provides audit and advisory servies to a variety of businesses. He chairs the Columbus Not-for-Profit Services Industry Group and is a member of the Construction and Real Estate Industry Groups. His specialized services include: financial and compliance audits and reviews of for-profit and tax-exempt organizations in the construction, real estate, manufacturing and social services industries.
B.S. - Business Administration, Accounting and Finance, Walsh University
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member - The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member - Ohio Oil and Gas Association
- Chair - Ohio Oil and Gas Association, Audit Committee
- Member - Ohio Dominican University Accounting Board of Advisors
- Member - Lifecare Alliance Board
- Member - Construction Financial Management Association
- Member - NAIOP
- Member - Builders Exchange of Central Ohio
- Member - Ohio Association of Nonprofit Organizations
- Member - Ohio Contractor’s Association, Dues, Audit and Finance Committee
- Member - YMCA of Central Ohio, Audit Committee
Do you have a hobby or personal passion?
Canoeing in the wilderness and craft beer brewing
Who was your role model?
My father and mother-in-law both greatly impacted my views on how to live life and treat other people.
What was your childhood dream?
Own a fishing lodge on a remote Canadian lake.
People would be surprised to know that I…….
Took a week-long canoe trip in the wilderness by myself.
What was your first job?
Working on a line in a factory that produced boat rollers and other rubber products. It was hot, physical work that convinced me that I was much better suited for a professional career.
Do you have a “motto?”
Everybody has something valuable to contribute.
Do you have advice for young professionals?
Take charge of your career.