John R. Null
John joined Schneider Downs in 2005 after spending 18 years with a national accounting firm, including the last six years as an audit partner. John has significant experience serving publicly traded and privately held middle-market companies in the manufacturing, distribution, construction, higher education and services industries.
B.S. - Accounting, Penn State University
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member—American and Pennsylvania Institutes of Certified Public Accountants
- Member—United Way of Allegheny County Young Leaders Group
- Member—Advisory Board, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh
- Member—Schneider Downs Construction and Nonprofit Services Industry Groups
- Member—Schneider Downs Accounting Technical Advisory Committee (emphasis on continuing professional education)
Do you have a hobby or personal passion?
I enjoy my family and playing golf. At work, I love building great teams.
What was your childhood dream?
To become a Major League Baseball player
If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your college self?
Build and grow relationships – you’ll spend the rest of your life expanding and building upon them.
What was your first job?
I was a paperboy.
Do you have a “motto?”
Do you have advice for young professionals?
Don’t be afraid to figure out what you like and what you are good at. Hopefully at some point in your life, you’ll find a few things that appear on both lists.