Are You In-the-Know With Your Not-for-Profit's Foreign Reporting Requirements?
When: April 29, 2014 8:00AM — April 29, 2014 9:45AM
Where: The Rivers Club, 301 Grant Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Does your not-for-profit organization:
- Make payments to foreign persons?
- Have an investment portfolio with offshore investments?
- Conduct activities offshore?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you need to understand FATCA and how it may apply to your not-for-profit organization.
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a broad-sweeping body of legislation intended to combat perceived tax evasion by U.S. persons and organizations who own offshore assets. FATCA rules and regulations become effective on July 1, 2014. FATCA now impacts any U.S. person or organization engaging in transactions with foreign persons (for example, an endowment) or U.S. persons owning offshore assets.
Join Schneider Downs as we help you wade through the different aspects of FATCA and help you realize how the Act may apply to your organization. We will be answering the following questions at our forum:
- What is FATCA and its intent?
- Will the FATCA legislation impact me?
- What are the withholding requirements under FATCA?
- Does FATCA replace the existing U.S. tax withholding and reporting rules?
- What types of payment do the FATCA withholding rules apply to?
- What documentation will I need to comply with the rules?
- How has Form 1042 changed to comply with FATCA?
Presenter: Cynthia J. Hoffman, CPA, J.D. Director, Schneider Downs International Tax Advisory Services
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
Qualfies for Two Hours of CPE
A Continental Breakfast will be provided