Not-for-Profit Webinar Series: Government Grant Compliance- What Have We Learned?
When: May 16, 2017 2:00PM — May 16, 2017 3:00PM
There have been sweeping changes related to government grant compliance over the past two years. With the adoption of 2 CFR 200 Uniform Guidance, not-for-profit organizations receiving Federal awards became subject to consolidated and new regulations beginning in December 2014. With one year of implementation under our belt, we will review the common lessons learned by organizations and auditors related to these significant changes.
How did your organization fare, and are you ready for year two and the implementation of procurement standards?
Join Schneider Downs experts Kim James, Audit Senior Manager, and Shane Gastecki, Audit Manager, as they review lessons learned related to government grant compliance. The topics covered will include:
- Background and history of the Uniform Guidance
- Key challenges faced with compliance
- Subrecipient monitoring increased responsibilities
- Monitoring by pass-through entities - more oversight
- Indirect cost rates
- Procurement standards - effective January 1, 2017
- Key challenges faced with auditing
- Individual grant implementation dates
- More major programs being audited
- Reporting issues
- Latest Development related to Government Grant Compliance