2008 Technical Accounting and Tax Forum
9/23/08 - The Rivers Club, Pittsburgh
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. (Registration begins at 7:30)
To register, contact Michele Inks
Connect with experts and colleagues to get the most up-to-date information on pressing accounting and tax issues including IRS and FASB regulatory initiatives.
This invaluable forum will keep you abreast of the latest rules, regulations and implementation guidelines. You will hear updates on a host of critical and technical issues, including:
- How your organization might best implement recent 403(b) regulatory changes including establishing accounting records, controls and determining beginning account balances. We will provide an update on the practical implementation of 403(b) regulatory requirements.
- How the expectations of the reaffirmed FASB and IASB boards’ shared objectives of developing high-quality accounting standards for use in the world’s capital markets will impact not-for-profit entities.
- How your organization will implement:
- FASB Staff Position FAS 117-1, Endowments of Not-for-Profit Organizations: Net Asset Classification of Funds Subject to an Enacted Version of the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act; and
- FAS 157: Fair Value Measurements.
- 2008 Form 990 final instructions, which provide valuable insight and guidance regarding this complex information reporting requirement. This update will focus on the additional guidance issued on August 19, 2008.
This forum will help your organization gain an edge in managing critical accounting and tax issues.