Schneider Downs and Marsh teamed up to present this hot topic on April 28, 2010 at the Regional Learning Alliance in Cranberry Woods, PA. (The two organizations also conducted the same seminar on April 22 at Marsh's office in Columbus.)
Some of the many interesting points of discussion included:
- Contract surety results over the past 25 years
- Surety capacity issues due to industry consolidation
- Impact of the turbulent economic environment
- Surety pricing for 2010 is expected to remain flat
- Strategies to maintain and increase surety capacity
- Surety red flags
- Calculating surety program capacity
- 10 step underwriting analysis
- Fair value measurements
- Uncertain tax positions
- Consolidation considerations
- Underbillings and claims
In addition to receiving some quality education on a timely topic, I really enjoyed visiting with many of the approximate 25 clients, prospects, and friends in attendance. For information about the Surety Seminar, please contact Schneider Downs.
Schneider Downs provides accounting, tax, wealth managementand business advisory services through innovative thought leaders who deliver the expertise to meet the individual needs of each client. Our offices are located in Pittsburgh, PA and Columbus, OH.
This advice is not intended or written to be used for, and it cannot be used for, the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties that may be imposed, or for promoting, marketing or recommending to another person, any tax related matter.