On Wednesday, October 17, 2012, Schneider Downs representatives attended the Third Annual Meeting of the Marcellus Shale Coalition (MSC) at the Carnegie Music Hall in Pittsburgh.
David Spigelmeyer, Chairman of the MSC, began the evening by listing the accomplishments and opportunities that occurred in the year, including well fee legislation and shale gas conferences. In addition, he noted the accomplishments of members within the organization from the various committees and subcommittees.
Dick Thornburgh introduced keynote speaker Dr. Charles Krauthammer, the Pulitzer Prize-winning syndicated columnist and political commentator.
Dr. Krauthammer spoke about the political climate within the county and the presidential election and offered his opinions on the first two presidential debates.
Some of the key MSC-related accomplishments in 2012 include:
• FracFocus.org – Marcellus Shale hydraulic fracturing disclosure
• Recommended Practices – Guidance documents, specific to various natural gas products
• Legislative/Regulatory Engagement – Collaborative effort to work with legislation and regulators
• Revitalizing Our Region’s Manufacturing Base – Creation of new market opportunities
• Promoting a “Community Conversation” About Shale – Generated more than 600 questions from communities on shale gas
• Shale Gas Insight – Conference on shale gas in Philadelphia
• Membership Growth/Engagement – Membership of more than 300 companies from exploration and production and midstream companies
Great accomplishment for the organization this past year.
© 2012 Schneider Downs. All rights-reserved. All content on this site is property of Schneider Downs unless otherwise noted and should not be used without written permission.
This advice is not intended or written to be used for, and it cannot be used for, the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties that may be imposed, or for promoting, marketing or recommending to another person, any tax related matter