Schneider Downs’ Employee Benefit Plan Industry Group and Wealth Management Advisors, along with Findley Davies will host a Retirement, Employee Benefits and Health Care Forum at Huntington Center’s Capital Club Le Bistro on Wednesday, January 23, 2013. This free, four-hour event will explore a wide range of HR topics critical to human resources directors, retirement plan sponsors, benefit plan managers, controllers and CFOs.
The ERISA Audit: Your Fiduciary Responsibilities and Other Considerations
Learn your fiduciary responsibilities over your company’s benefit plans and other considerations in connection with those plans. Lara Fuller, CPA, Schneider Downs Senior Audit Manager, will discuss tactics to make your plan audit go more smoothly, your responsibility as a plan fiduciary and common plan errors.
Best Practices for Retirement Plan Sponsors
Join Jeffery A. Acheson, QPFC, AIF®, SD Wealth Management Managing Director of Retirement Planning and Executive Benefit Services for this presentation that will focus on best practices relative to:
• Managing employee behavior toward positive participant outcomes;
• Executive benefit enhancement opportunities; and
• Minimizing fiduciary liability exposure.
2013 Health Care Reform Planning Strategies
Bruce Davis, Principal and Health/Group Benefits Practice Leader for Findley Davies, will discuss how the Affordable Care Act will affect your business.
Bruce will discuss:
1. Tax, employment and benefits implications for full-time employees;
2. Why internal communication about health insurance exchanges is vital; and
3. The opportunity to use a Wellness Strategy to achieve 30% incentives on the cost of single coverage.
Pension Funding: Strategies and More for 2013
Discount rates continue to decline for pension plans, but MAP-21 changed the funding rules. Gail Steward, FCA, Managing Consultant from Findley Davies’ Actuarial Services Practice, will discuss where pension plan funding is currently heading and obstacles and strategies for pension plans for 2013.
“I strongly encourage human resources directors, retirement plan sponsors, benefit plan managers, controllers and CFOs to take advantage of this unique offering,” Mike Renzelman, Schneider Downs Audit Shareholder said, “This program will allow the participants to benefit from the collective knowledge of Schneider Downs and Findley Davies across a broad range of topics ranging from plan compliance to plan operational issues and/or relevant benefits information.”
Date: January 23, 2013
Location: Capital Club, 41 South High Street, located in the Huntington Center
Time: 7:30 a.m. to noon
Credits: 4 CPE
Registration: RSVP by January 18 by email at email@example.com, or contact Lindsay Brooks by phone at (614) 586-7202.
• Registration and Breakfast - 7:30 - 8:00 a.m.
• Introductions - 8:00 - 8:10 a.m.
• The ERISA Audit: Your Fiduciary Responsibilities and Other Considerations - 8:10 - 8:30 a.m.
Speaker: Lara Fuller
• Best Practices for Retirement Plan Sponsors - 8:30 - 9:35 a.m.
Speaker - Jeff Acheson
• Break - 9:35 - 9:45 a.m.
• 2013 Health Care Reform Planning Strategies - 9:45 - 10:50 a.m.
Speaker: Bruce Davis
• Pension Funding: Strategies and More for 2013 - 10:50 - 11:40 a.m.
Speaker: Gail Steward
• Q&A and Conclusion - 11:40 a.m. - noon
© 2013 Schneider Downs. All rights-reserved. All content on this site is property of Schneider Downs unless otherwise noted and should not be used without written permission.
This advice is not intended or written to be used for, and it cannot be used for, the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties that may be imposed, or for promoting, marketing or recommending to another person, any tax related matter.