On Tuesday, January 19, the Schneider Downs Nonprofit Industry Group hosted its quarterly Breakfast Brief Meeting. The 90-minute event was held at the Rivers Club in Pittsburgh. There were approximately 100 registrants, consisting of clients and friends of the firm.
The Breakfast Brief focused on the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and its effect on nonprofit organizations. Eric Wright, a shareholder in the Schneider Downs Technology Advisors Group, presented. He addressed the following topics:
- What is the PCI-DSS?
- Why was the standard developed?
- How does the standard affect your organization?
- How does an organization start the compliance process?
- What are the Payment Card Industry compliance requirements?
- What are the deadlines for organizations to comply?
- What are the ramifications for noncompliance?
- General recommendations surrounding the PCI-DSS.
The Nonprofit Breakfast Brief provided an opportunity to offer insight, and to educate our clients and friends of the firm about their responsibilities related to the PCI-DSS.
If you have any questions about PCI-DSS and how it might affect your business, please contact Eric Wright at (412) 697-5328 or email@example.com.
Schneider Downs provides accounting, tax and business advisory services through innovative thought leaders who deliver the expertise to meet the individual needs of each client. Our offices are located in Pittsburgh, PA, and Columbus, OH.
This advice is not intended or written to be used for, and it cannot be used for, the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties that may be imposed, or for promoting, marketing or recommending to another person, any tax related matter.