Securing The IT environment is the top concern for AICPA members for 2012. Each year, the AICPA surveys members nationwide to delve into the core concerns and priorities that AICPA members might have regarding information management and technology.
And while advances in technology have allowed CPAs to gain efficiencies and greater flexibility today more CPAs are concerned with the security issues that come with those gains. In fact, the top four technology initiatives for 2012 relate to security concerns. The complete list is as follows:
2012 Top Technology Priorities
1. Securing the IT environment
2. Managing and retaining data
3. Managing risk and compliance
4. Ensuring privacy
5. Leveraging emerging technologies
6. Managing system implementation
7. Enabling decision support and managing performance
8. Governing and managing IT investment/spending
9. Preventing and responding to fraud
10. Managing vendors and service providers
Visit the AICPA website to read more about the survey questions asked and the 2012 Top Technology Priorities. You can also read more on the top 10 Technology Initiatives considered to have the most impact, which resulted from the same survey.
© 2012 Schneider Downs. All rights-reserved. All content on this site is property of Schneider Downs unless otherwise noted and should not be used without written permission.
This advice is not intended or written to be used for, and it cannot be used for, the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties that may be imposed, or for promoting, marketing or recommending to another person, any tax related matter.