Financing Trends for Tax-Exempt Organizations
Interest Rate Update, Bond Rating Trends and Current Financing Structures
May 13, 2011
8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
325 Sixth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Nonprofit borrowing, even in times of economic prosperity, is a complex endeavor. That complexity has been magnified during this recent economic downturn. Many nonprofit organizations across our region and nationally, continue to face tough economic decisions. Those decisions become even more difficult due to challenges navigating the current credit environment.
Join us for a discussion exploring the current capital markets environment and recent trends in financing available to nonprofit organizations. Ms. Linda Eremita, Managing Director, Mr. Jason Appelt, Director and Mr. Gary Nowicki, Director, all from M&T Investment Banking and Financial Advisory Services will share valuable insight into the following topics:
- Interest rate update
- Overview of financing issues facing nonprofit organizations
- Understand how creditors view nonprofit organizations, including recent rating trends, particulary impacting colleges and universities, independent schools and charter schools
- Overall trends in financing structures for 501(c)(3) organizations
- To borrow or not to borrow?
- How to manage debt already amassed?