Tax Services for the Energy and Resources Industry
Schneider Downs professionals can assist your company with:
- Review of the entity structure to ensure the best possible organizational structure for your business
- Guidance on partnership agreements; drilling and lease contracts; and operating agreements to determine the best method of investment.
- Ensure drilling cost elections are properly made and that all intangible drilling costs are properly handled.
- Sale versus lease of mineral rights tax evaluation
- Evaluation of the company’s tax preference items to minimize the federal alternative minimum tax impact
- Analyze development and exploration costs to determine if all income tax elections are timely and properly made and ensure that all development and exploration costs are properly handled, based on the taxpayer’s individual tax situation.
- Evaluation of the percentage depletion computations for income tax compliance and identification of planning opportunities to enhance current deductions.
- Assistance in connection with the evaluation of purchase or sale of mineral interests, including tax planning related to the transaction structuring, purchase price allocation and related cash flow
- Federal along with state and local (SALT) audit representation
- Income tax planning and projections
For a list of the services that Schneider Downs can provide to companies in the Pittsburgh and Columbus regions, and across the United States, please visit our energy and resources services webpage.