The Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Nonprofit Organizations
When: January 17, 2018 2:00PM — January 17, 2018 3:00PM
With the tax legislation poised to become law in a few days, many nonprofit organizations are concerned about the impact on their operations. Join Schneider Downs Tax Shareholder, Gene Logan, and Tax Senior Associate, Ellen Martin, as they take a look at the specific provisions affecting nonprofits. This webinar will also cover changes to the individual and business rules that could impact nonprofits and discuss provisions that didn't become law, but could be considered in the future.
Topics will include:
- Changes to the calculation of unrelated taxable income
- Inclusion of certain fringe benefits in unrelated taxable income
- The excise tax on certain endowments
- Changes to the individual rules and business rates that will impact charitable giving
- Excise tax on executive compensation
- Changes to bond financing
- Provisions that didn't make the cut
This session qualifies for 1 hour of CPE credit (Tax).