Accounting, Tax and Consulting Services for the Construction Industry
Schneider Downs understands that the relationship with your CPA firm rests on a strong foundation and we strive to build this footing with big thinking and personal focus for our construction clients. As a top 60 CPA firm in the U.S., we have more than 350 professionals with a wide background of experience in the region, specifically in Pittsburgh and Columbus. Our people are our greatest assets – they have enabled us to grow by being responsive and assisting our clients with practical solutions. Our construction group was developed to provide our clients with a team of experts well-versed in more than just audit and tax services.
Industries We Serve in the Construction Sector
Our clients include all sizes and types of construction firms, ranging from general contractors to heavy highway to a host of specialty contractors. Our client list also includes family-owned entities and private equity firms with venture capital investors or local, regional and global public ownership.
What differentiates Schneider Downs within the construction industry?
- An active Construction Services Industry Group
- Dedicated group of 15 shareholders and managers
- Monthly meetings to discuss industry current events
- Members are Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals
- Annual attendees at national and local CPE seminars and conferences
- Monthly newsletter, “Construction Matters,” covers the industry and is written in-house by our professionals
- Weekly scheduled articles for “Our Thoughts On...” our original and timely content articles pertaining to the construction industry
- Our firm’s construction professionals spend more than 50,000 hours per year serving our construction clients.
- Ability to serve and understand the objectives of varying size construction clients
- Annual internal half-day construction specific continuing education for all professionals serving construction industry clients
- Highly coordinated assistance with surety professionals
- Extremely knowledgeable of look-back interest and percentage of completion planning
- Serve Pittsburgh and Columbus’ most respected construction clients:
- Pittsburgh - We serve 9 of the largest general contractors and 8 of the largest specialty contractors
- Columbus - We serve a Business First Top-25 architectural firm and a heavy-highway contractor awarded three of Business First’s Top-25 largest public construction projects
- Audit and Assurance Services for Construction Companies
- Tax Services for Construction Companies
- Business Advisory Services for Construction Companies
- Other Advisory Servicers Provided for Construction Companies
Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
Constructors Association of Western Pennsylvania (CAWP)
Master Builders Association of Western Pennsylvania (MBA)
National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
Associated General Contractors of Ohio (AGC)
Builders Exchange of Central Ohio (BX)
Ohio Contractors Association (OCA)
At Schneider Downs, it's our business to provide you with an accurate blueprint and the tools you need to build a sturdy financial structure, aimed at future growth. For more information on how Schneider Downs can assist your construction company, please contact either Gennaro DiBello or Jay Meglich.
For technical content, hot topics and trends within the construction industry, subscribe to our complementary newsletter Construction Matters, and our weekly newsletter Our Thoughts On.