Cost Segregation Services
Real Estate Cost Segregation generates significant cash flow by accelerating depreciation. The process carves out shorter-lived assets (that qualify for 5-, 7- or 15-year write-off periods) embedded in a building’s construction or acquisition costs (generally depreciated over 39 years).
- New buildings presently under construction
- Renovation, remodeling, restoration or expansion of existing buildings
- Purchases of existing properties
- Office/facility leasehold improvements and “fit outs”
- Post-1986 real estate construction, building acquisition or improvements, where no cost segregation study was performed (even though the statute of limitations previously closed on the property construction/acquisition year).
Our extensive experience conducting Cost Segregation studies covers many industries, including, commercial rental property, corporate office buildings, distribution centers, automotive dealerships, bank branches, food processing plants, hotels/motels, manufacturing facilities, multi-family residential properties, restaurant facilities, shopping malls and student housing locations.