Succession planning is a continuing process—not just an issue that exists in the future. Plan now for this most important contingency. We’ll guide you through the necessary steps.
Schneider Downs’ succession planning professionals will:
- Review your current estate planning documents
- Calculate estate taxes according to your financial information
- Determine sufficient liquidity for estate tax payments
- Perform an insurance review
- Develop estate preservation strategies and assist in implementation
Estate Administration Process
Schneider Downs' estate planning professionals will prepare:
- Federal and state death tax returns
- Necessary fiduciary and individual income tax returns
- Gathering assets
- Determining distributions
Death Tax Return Challenges
Our team of estate planning professionals have a history of success in representing clients before the taxing authorities in the event of a death tax return challenge.
Curious about the origin of the estate tax? Learn more in our History of the Estate Tax Infographic.
Tax and legacy planning services are offered through Schneider Downs & Co., Inc. Investment and asset management services are provided through Schneider Downs Wealth Management Advisors, LP. Each service may require you to sign a separate engagement agreement that will outline the services to be provided and the respective fees.