CPE Program and Networking Event 2012- Columbus
The election is here and it will have wide-reaching effects on every business decision. During this free, half-day event you will learn about the latest tax and accounting and auditing issues, receive an unfiltered look at the state of the economy, learn how to identify and prevent internal fraud and hear what effects the election and new legislation will have on businesses in our region.
2012 Federal Tax Update: Schneider Downs Tax Advisory Services Shareholder, Mark Cobetto, CPA, MBA, will discuss the significant 2012 federal tax developments affecting businesses and individuals, including a look at new legislation. We will also review the tax outlook for 2013 and tax planning opportunities.
2012 Legislative Outlook: Schneider Downs Director of Strategic Tax Planning, Ron Kramer, CPA, will present a post-2012 election legislative update that will examine actual and potential tax legislation during the "lame duck" session of Congress. Ron will also discuss the prospects for major tax reform in 2013 based on the results of the 2012 presidential and congressional elections.
The View from the Fiscal Cliff: Economic Update and Thoughts on 2013 and Beyond: Schneider Downs Wealth Management Advisors Partner Jeff Acheson, QPFC, AIF®, will update us on the current issues affecting all investment portfolios. Jeff's presentation includes:
- A post-election assessment of the economic environment for 2013 and beyond
- Driving forces behind the day-to-day volatility in the investment markets
- A look into the cloudy crystal ball of risk/return management for the next four years
Corporate Finance Update: Schneider Downs Corporate Finance Managing Director Peter Lieberman will provide an update on current conditions in the capital markets. Pete will discuss who is buying and selling, where funds are being found and price expectations. Topics will include:
- The current state of the mergers and acquisitions markets
- Trends in bank financing availability
- Private equity activity
- Capital markets outlook for 2013
Accounting Standards Update: Schneider Downs Accounting, Assurance and Advisory Services Shareholder Mike Renzelman, CPA, will review the latest accounting and auditing updates affecting Ohio's businesses. Mike will place special emphasis on the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) lease accounting guideline integration.
Fraud and Forensic- Evidence Gathering and Preparation for Litigation: Suspected fraud is a serious matter in every organization. Business Advisors Director Frank Wisehart, MBA, CPA/ABV, CFE, CVA will share the who, what, when, where and why of gathering and preparing evidence for litigation. Frank will cover the following fraud and forensic topics:
- Getting a clue- Lie spotting, understanding human behavior to questions that produce stress
- Finding evidence- Information lives forever on the internet, but where does it call home? Explore the sites that provide you the answers to the past.
- Preserving evidence- Understand how evidence must be preserved for prosecution
To reserve your space now, fill out the form below. Please RSVP by November 27th.