Sales and Use Tax
Evolving technology is allowing businesses to rapidly expand their markets. As businesses expand, they can become entangled in a maze of complex sales and use tax issues involving multiple tax jurisdictions just as state governments are becoming more aggressive in the enforcement of their tax laws.
At Schneider Downs, our State and Local Tax professionals are fully committed to helping clients with complex and ever-changing sales and use tax laws and regulations.
Our Sales & Use Tax Services
Some of the ways we can assist and add value to your organization include:
- Nexus Reviews — Review of a company’s operations to ensure proper sales and use tax registration in states where a taxable presence exists.
- Voluntary Disclosure Agreements — Negotiations and advance filing agreements with appropriate state departments to satisfy sales and use tax liabilities at reduced penalty and interest.
- Audit Representation — Assistance from the pre-audit conference through the appeals process to help minimize sales and use tax assessments.
- Reverse Sales Tax Audits (Refund Analysis) — Audits designed to identify, document and obtain refunds of sales and use taxes.
- State Ruling Requests — Non-binding or formal written and binding guidance regarding a specific tax position of the Department of Revenue/Taxation in regard to a special or unique tax issue.
- Sales and Use Tax Manual — Reference guide for the taxability of purchases or sales, tailored to your company’s specific needs and requirements.
- Exemption Form Review — Review of sales tax exemption forms to verify that all required exemption forms are on file, complete and up-to-date.
- Seminars/Training — Sales and use tax seminars and training designed to accommodate the specific needs and requirements of your group or business.
Our experienced professionals have been successfully representing clients in state audit appeals, reverse audit appeals, and other sales and use tax consulting engagements.
The insight, innovation and experience of Schneider Downs’ State and Local Tax professionals can assist your company in navigating the labyrinth of sales and use tax laws.