Eric M. Wright
Eric has been involved with Information Technology at Schneider Downs since 1983. He specializes in and oversees the design, setup, installation and implementation of automated accounting, distribution and manufacturing systems.
Eric has implemented a wide range of ERP software solutions for clients. Budgets associated with these solutions have ranged from $25,000 to $5 million. Many of these projects have entailed integrating the client supply chain with their manufacturing and distribution systems and, most recently, have involved integrating clients’ Web presence with their back office systems. In addition, Eric is responsible for the firm’s IT compliance services. He has assisted a number of our clients with their compliance requirements, including PCI-DSS, SOX, ISO 27001 and NIST security audits.
B.S. - Math and Computer Science, Waynesburg College, Magna Cum Laude
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member—Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Information Management and Technology Advisors Section (IMTA)
- Member—Schneider Downs Manufacturing, Nonprofit and Transportation Services Industry Groups
- Board Member and Treasurer—Gateway to the Arts
- Director—Peters Township Baseball Association
- Fundraising Committee Member—Boy Scouts of America
- Member—ACIPA's Subcommittee on Data Privacy
- Technology Advisor’s Department Chair
- Chair—PICPA IT Assurance Committee
- Subject-Matter Expert, Carlow University Masters in Fraud and Forensics
What was the best advice you’ve ever received?
You must take control of your own destiny.
What was your childhood dream?
I wanted to play Major League Baseball
If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your college self?
Take more public speaking and technical writing courses
People would be surprised to know that I…….
am an Eagle Scout
What is the best or most interesting thing about your career?
I get to support a wide variety of clients in all types of industries
What was your first job?
Do you have advice for young professionals?
Take control of your own destiny.