Joel M. Rosenthal
Joel is responsible for the strategic direction and development of the firm’s specialized business advisory services practice. Over his 25-year career, he has earned a reputation as an insightful consultant in multiple service areas, including due diligence and transaction advisory services, financial modeling, forensic investigations, business valuation, inventory management, financing procurement, fraud prevention and business planning. Joel’s extensive experience as an advisor in business transactions represents an important strength to the practice.
Joel’s experience includes participating in and advising over 200 business transactions. He has also led forensic investigations for commercial, nonprofit and governmental entities. Prior to joining Schneider Downs, Joel served as a consultant, accounting and audit shareholder, as well as the director of a manufacturing services group, for a regional accounting firm. He also has experience working for a national accounting firm.
B.B.A. - University of Michigan
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member—American and Pennsylvania Institutes of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member of National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Chair—Jewish Family and Children’s Services
- Past Board Member—Association for Corporate Growth - Pittsburgh
- Past Board Member—Association for Corporate Growth - Global
- Past Board Member—Mt. Lebanon Foundation for Education
- Past Board Member—Pittsburgh Zoo
- Co-Chair of the Professional Division—WQED’s annual auction
- Served on the PICPA Committee on Financial Institutions
- Leadership Pittsburgh XVI—Chamber of Commerce
Do you have a hobby or personal passion?
I enjoy playing hockey and golf
What was the best advice you’ve ever received?
You can’t listen when you are talking
Who was your role model?
My father, who was first in his family to go to college. He started his own accounting firm and grew it to one of the largest in Pittsburgh.
What was your childhood dream?
I dreamed of playing in the NHL
People would be surprised to know that I…….
Still play ice hockey
What was your first job?
I flipped burgers at Wendy’s
Do you have advice for young professionals?
Build your network. It will be with you for your whole career.